The Baughman Center is open to the public for private contemplation on weekdays. On weekends, the venue often hosts private events such as weddings and memorial services. The venue is not open to the public on weekends. If you would like to schedule a venue tour or contracting appointment, please set a time with the Baughman Center coordinator during regularly scheduled office hours.
Baughman Center and Administration building Hours:
Monday – Thursday, 8 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Find out if your desired date and time is available for your event by contacting the Baughman Center office via phone or email.
- Complete a reservation form with a staff member via phone or in person. This date and time will be held no more than 30 days for your party.
- Finalize your reservation within 30 days by making your deposit, completing your contract and meeting with the coordinator. In meeting with the coordinator you will go over event plans, review venue policies and take a tour of the venue.
- Final Payments are due two months prior to your event.
- Payments and coordinator meetings maybe completed via phone or in person. Contracting may be completed by email or fax.
GENERAL RENTAL INFORMATION
- Your rental includes use of the Baughman Center Parking lot, administration building (with restrooms and Ready Room), Center and surrounding grounds. The staff, grounds, parking lot and Center are only available for contracted times.
- Staff are included in all rentals. They arrive shortly before your rental to prepare the venue, are available for facility needs during the event and stay shortly after your rental to close the venue. Arriving early or staying late the day of your rental will incur additional charges.
- The Baughman Center has a minimum 2 hour rental for all events; however we recommend 3 hours for events such as weddings as there is no built in decorating, set up or break down time.
- Rates and Policies
- Reservations for your event can be made up to 18 months prior to the event date.
- Anyone may rent the Baughman Center regardless of faith or association with the University of Florida.
- A vendor list is available by contacting the office during business hours.
- If your reservation must be cancelled or a change must be made, please notify the coordinator in writing. (Deposits are non-refundable).
- At the end of your rental, the Center must be returned to the state you found it in. All programs, silk petals, décor and large amounts of trash must be cleaned up by the party. The staff perform basic cleaning duties upon closing the facility at the end of your rental.
- If available, additional parking can be found at the bat house lot on weekends.
We want to make your event memorable. Please discuss any concerns about our restrictions with our coordinator.
- We do not book events on Gator football home games; however we do book events on Friday and Sunday the same weekend.
- We book multiple events in one day.
- Your rental time cannot be adjusted the day-of for delays.
- Deliveries, decorating, vendor set up and clean up must all take place during your designated rental time due to staffing and storage availability.
- The seated capacity is approximately 96 on the fixed benches.
- The Fire Marshall Code is 120 individuals in the building.
- The Baughman Center provides staff to attend to the facility. The day-of staff does not provide wedding coordinating services (opening doors, starting music, cuing bridal party, acting as personal assistant).
- Please book the following separately: musicians/DJs, officiants, wedding planners or day-of coordinators
- Open flames are limited to unity candles and traditional practices. The use of any open flames must be reviewed and approved by the coordinator.
- Throwing items inside/outside the venue must be approved by the coordinator, Typically confetti and similar products are not permitted. Bubbles or sparklers are encouraged instead.
- If decorating, adhesive of any kind should not be used on any part of the building. Ribbon or string may be used to hang items. Please have décor plans approved by the coordinator.
- If decorating, please plan to keep décor off of the aisle floors as they are narrow.
- Use of a professional florist is preferred. Please have floral plans approved by the coordinator.
- Flower petals placed on the floor of the Baughman Center must be silk.
- Huppas, Mandaps or other traditional wedding structures are allowed with live flowers, but must adhere to Center guidelines. Please speak with the Baughman Center coordinator for details.
- Vases full of standing water are not permitted; please use oasis and drip trays with arrangements.
- We have extremely limited storage space. Deliveries must be made during your rental time. We are unable to store décor and other supplies prior to your event.
- The Center is not equipped with a speaker system. It is recommended to have your reception DJ provided a speaker and mic if you require one. We do have a digital piano that can amplify sounds for music.
Food and Drink
- Food and drink are not permitted in the Center.
- Exceptions are made for religious sacraments and must be approved by the coordinator.