Our new web page is under construction.
Please bear with us as our new web page is currently under construction. Stay tuned for the updated version of the Baughman Center site! If you have any questions, please contact the Baughman Center staff at 352-294-0049 or via email.
CONTACT THE BAUGHMAN CENTER
For more information or to check availability, please contact the Baughman Center :
352-294-0049 or via email.
BAUGHMAN CENTER HOURS
Baughman Center and Administration Building Hours :
Monday – Thursday, 8 am – 5:30 pm
Friday, 8 am – 5 pm
The Baughman Center is closed on all University recognized holidays. UF Holiday Calendar »
There are weddings and other private events schedule each weekend in May, June and July. Please be courteous and do not take pictures on the bridge or walk up to the building while event signs are posted. The parking lot is also reserved for events during these times as well. Your vehicle is subject to being towed if you park during an event.
Thank you for your cooperation!
Getting to the Baughman Center
982 Museum Road
PO Box 112548,
Gainesville, FL 32611-2548
The Baughman Center is located at the intersection of Radio and Museum Roads, on the University of Florida campus, with convenient access from I-75 at the Archer Road or Newberry Road exits. Another helpful map is available on the UF Campus Map site.
Please allow ample time for travel and parking prior to events.
Please Note: The Baughman Center parking entrance is just south of the intersection of Radio Road and Museum Drive. Some GPS devices will take drivers to the area of Corry Village Apartments instead of the Baughman Center. So please also use a map to
supplement GPS directions (click here for a Google map).
From NW US 441
Slight right toward NW 43rd St
Continue straight onto NW 43rd St
Turn left onto NW 16th Blvd
Turn right onto NW 34th St
Turn left onto Radio Rd
From I-75 N toward Lake City
Take exit 382 for FL-121 N toward Gainesville
Turn left onto FL-121 N/FL-331 N/SE Williston Rd
Take the 1st left onto FL-121 N/SW 34th St
Turn right onto Radio Rd
From FL-24 W/NE Waldo Rd
Turn right onto State Rd 26 W/W University Ave
Turn left onto SW 13th St
Turn right onto Museum Rd
Continue straight to stay on Museum Rd
Baughman Center will be on the left
Parking for the Baughman Center is available near the Administration Building adjacent to the Baughman Center. Parking is limited and restricted to Baughman Center patrons and guests only. University of Florida decals are not honored. One-day passes are issued at the Baughman Center administration office in the service building adjacent to the Center.
Parking passes are not required for weddings or wedding rehearsals, which are only held during hours not regulated by campus parking restrictions.
Parking spaces for patrons with disabilities are located next to the administration building and on the north side of the parking lot.
The Baughman Center is open to the public for private contemplation on weekdays. On weekends, the venue often hosts private events such as weddings and memorial services. The venue is not open to the public on weekends. If you would like to schedule a venue tour or contracting appointment, please set a time with the Baughman Center coordinator during regularly scheduled office hours.
Baughman Center and Administration building Hours:
Monday – Thursday, 8 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Parking spaces for patrons with disabilities are located in front of the administration building.
– WHEELCHAIR SEATING:
Wheelchair seating is available on both the left and right sides of the pavilion in the first and last rows. In addition, a gently sloped ramp allows guests in wheelchairs
access to the stage/platform in front of the large picture window.
Restrooms in the administration building of the Baughman Center provide facilities for those with disabilities.
ABOUT THE BAUGHMAN CENTER
The Baughman Center is a stunning, elegant contemplation space in the
heart of the University of Florida campus. Designed to bring the picturesque
outdoor setting inside, the soaring windows and delicate natural materials
echo the serene Florida surroundings. From travertine marble floors to the
hardwood paneled ceiling, this is one of the most peaceful, beautiful spots
The Baughman Center is open for private, contemplation on weekdays. It
often hosts private events such as weddings and memorial services. The
center consists of two buildings, the 1,500 square-foot pavilion and a 1,000
square-foot administrative building. The pavilion has fixed bench seating
accommodating 96 people. The administrative building contains a staff
office, a conference/staging room and men and women’s restroom facilities.
The architect responsible for the Baughman Center’s design is John Zona.
He is also the architect responsible for Mandi’s Chapel, located near Live
Oak. In addition to being a past recipient of the Judges’ Award from Keep
Alachua County Beautiful, the Baughman Center was ranked third on the
Florida Architecture: 100 Years, 100 Places list published by the Florida
Chapter of the American Institute of Architects.
For information about renting the Baughman Center for your event,
wedding, rental policies and rates please visit the Venue Rental page » or
contact the Baughman Center office.
WEDDINGS AT THE BAUGHMAN CENTER
We are thrilled that you are considering the Baughman Center for the
location of your wedding! Anyone can be married at the Baughman Center
regardless of their affiliation to the University and cultural or faith
background. Our experienced and dedicated staff handles more than 100
weddings a year and is available to assist you every step of the way from
your initial reservation to “I Do.” Availability is limited, so please call the
Baughman Center office before finalizing your plans.
Rental Information »
- Find out if your desired date and time is available for your event by contacting the Baughman Center office via phone, email or in person. Please note that availability changes frequently.
- Contact the Baughman Center to submit a ‘Hold Request’ based on the must current availability. Once approved by the event coordinator, you will receive an email confirmation for your tentative hold date and time. The date and time will be held no more than 30 days for your party.
- After receiving confirmation of approval, you may then contact the Baughman Center to move your hold to a reservation. This will need to be completed before your 30-day hold deadline is expired.
- To complete your reservation and make it final, it is required that you make your deposit, sign/return your contract and meet with the coordinator. In meeting with the coordinator you will go over event plans, review venue policies and take a tour of the venue.
- Final Payments are due two months prior to your event.
- Payments and coordinator meetings may be completed via phone or in person. Contracting may be completed by email or fax.
- Checks or Money Orders may be made payable to the University of Florida. We accept VISA, MasterCard, Discover and American Express payments over the phone, in person or by mail. We do not accept credit card payments via email, fax or text nor do we do not accept cash payments.
GENERAL RENTAL INFORMATION
- Your rental includes use of the Baughman Center Parking lot, administration building (with restrooms and Ready Room), Center and surrounding grounds. The staff, grounds, parking lot and buildings are only available for contracted times.
- Staff are included in all rentals. They arrive shortly before your rental to prepare the venue, are available for facility needs during the event and stay shortly after your rental to close the venue. Arriving early or staying late the day of your rental will incur additional charges.
- The Baughman Center has a minimum 2-hour rental for all events; however we recommend 3 hours for events such as weddings as there is no built in decorating, set up or break down time.
- Rates and Policies
- Initial Hold Requests and final reservations for an event can be made up to 18 months prior to the event date.
- Anyone may rent the Baughman Center regardless of faith or association with the University of Florida.
- A vendor list is available by contacting the office during business hours.
- If your reservation must be cancelled or a change must be made, please notify the coordinator in writing. (Deposits are non-refundable).
- At the end of your rental, the Center must be returned to the state you found it in. All programs, silk petals, décor and large amounts of trash must be cleaned up by the party. The staff perform basic cleaning duties upon closing the facility at the end of your rental.
- If available, additional parking can be found at the bat house lot on weekends.
We want to make your event memorable. Please discuss any concerns about our restrictions with our coordinator.
- We do not book events on Gator football home games; however we do book events on Friday and Sunday the same weekend.
- We book multiple events in one day.
- Your rental time cannot be adjusted the day-of for delays.
- Deliveries, decorating, vendor set up and clean up must all take place during your designated rental time due to staffing and storage availability.
- The seated capacity is approximately 96 on the fixed benches.
- The Fire Marshall Code is 120 individuals in the building.
- The Baughman Center provides staff to attend to the facility. The day-of staff does not provide wedding coordinating services (opening doors, starting music, cuing bridal party, acting as personal assistant).
- Please book the following separately: musicians/DJs, officiants, wedding planners or day-of coordinators
- Open flames are limited to unity candles and traditional practices. The use of any open flames must be reviewed and approved by the coordinator.
- Throwing items inside/outside the venue must be approved by the coordinator, Typically confetti and similar products are not permitted. Bubbles or sparklers are encouraged instead.
- If decorating, adhesive of any kind should not be used on any part of the building. Ribbon or string may be used to hang items. Please have décor plans approved by the coordinator.
- If decorating, please plan to keep décor off of the aisle floors as they are narrow.
- Use of a professional florist is preferred. Please have floral plans approved by the coordinator.
- Flower petals placed on the floor of the Baughman Center must be silk.
- Huppas, Mandaps or other traditional wedding structures are allowed with live flowers, but must adhere to Center guidelines. Please speak with the Baughman Center coordinator for details.
- Vases full of standing water are not permitted; please use oasis and drip trays with arrangements.
- We have extremely limited storage space. Deliveries must be made during your rental time. We are unable to store décor and other supplies prior to your event.
- The Center is not equipped with a speaker system. It is recommended to have your reception DJ provided a speaker and mic if you require one. We do have a digital piano that can amplify sounds for music.
Food and Drink
- Food and drink are not permitted in the Center.
- Exceptions are made for religious sacraments and must be approved by the coordinator.