The Baughman Center is available for rental for many types of events: weddings, concerts, memorial services, ceremonies, and meetings of all kinds. Anyone can use the Baughman Center for their special occasion regardless of their cultural background, faith or affiliation with the University.
- Find out if your desired date and time is available for your event by contacting the Baughman Center office via phone, email or in person. Please note that availability changes frequently.
- Contact the Baughman Center to submit a ‘Hold Request’ based on the most current availability. Once approved by the event coordinator, you will receive an email confirmation for your tentative hold date and time. The date and time will be held no more than 30 days for your party.
- After receiving confirmation of approval, you may then contact the Baughman Center to move your hold to a reservation. This will need to be completed before your 30-day hold deadline is expired.
- To complete your reservation and make it final, it is required that you make your deposit, sign/return your contract and meet with the coordinator. When you meet with the coordinator, you will go over event plans, review venue policies and take a tour of the venue.
- Final payments are due two months prior to your event.
- Payments and coordinator meetings may be completed via phone or in person. Contracting may be completed by email or fax.
- Checks or money orders may be made payable to the University of Florida. We accept VISA, MasterCard, Discover and American Express payments over the phone or in person. We do not accept credit card payments via mail, email, fax or text. We do not accept cash payments.
GENERAL RENTAL INFORMATION
- Your rental includes use of the Baughman Center Parking lot, administration building (with restrooms and Ready Room), Center and surrounding grounds. The staff, grounds, parking lot and buildings are only available for contracted times.
- The services of event staff are included in your reservation fee. The event staff is primarily responsible for the set up and use of the facility and equipment. Please do not expect them to perform personal services for you. On your wedding day event staff will have any requested Baughman Center items set up according to your plans when your reservation time begins. Event staff will be on site at the Baughman Center for the entirety of your contracted time and will discourage walk-up visitors from entering the grounds.
- The Baughman Center has a minimum 2-hour rental for all events; however we recommend 3 hours for events such as weddings, to allow time to decorate, set up and break down, as this must all be completed within your rental time.
- Initial Hold Requests and final reservations for an event can be made up to 18 months prior to the event date.
- Anyone may rent the Baughman Center regardless of their cultural background, faith or affiliation with the University.
- If your reservation must be cancelled or a change must be made, please notify the coordinator by phone or email. (Deposits are non-refundable).
- At the end of your rental, the Baughman Center must be returned to the state you found it in. All programs, silk petals, décor and large amounts of trash must be cleaned up by the party. The staff perform basic cleaning duties upon closing the facility at the end of your rental.
- If available, additional parking can be found at the bat house lot on weekends.
We want to make your event memorable. Please discuss any concerns about our restrictions with our coordinator.
- We do not book events on Gator football home games; however we do book events on Friday and Sunday the same weekend.
- We book multiple events in one day.
— Your rental time cannot be adjusted the day-of for delays.
— Deliveries, decorating, vendor set up and clean up must all take place during your designated rental time due to staffing and storage availability.
- The seated capacity is approximately 96 on the fixed benches.
- The Fire Marshall Code is 120 individuals in the building.
- The Baughman Center provides staff to attend to the facility. The day-of staff does not provide wedding coordinating services (opening doors, starting music, cuing bridal party, acting as personal assistant).
- Please book the following separately: musicians/DJs, officiants, wedding planners or day-of coordinators
- Open flames are limited to unity candles and traditional practices. The use of any open flames must be reviewed and approved by the coordinator.
- Throwing items inside/outside the venue must be approved by the coordinator, Typically confetti and similar products are not permitted. Bubbles or sparklers are encouraged instead.
- If decorating, adhesive of any kind should not be used on any part of the building. Ribbon or string may be used to hang items. Please have décor plans approved by the coordinator.
- If decorating, please plan to keep décor off of the aisle floors as they are narrow.
- Use of a professional florist is preferred. Please have floral plans approved by the coordinator.
- Flower petals placed on the floor of the Baughman Center must be silk.
- Huppas, Mandaps or other traditional wedding structures are allowed with live flowers, but must adhere to Center guidelines. Please speak with the Baughman Center coordinator for details.
- Vases full of standing water are not permitted; please use oasis and drip trays with arrangements.
- We have extremely limited storage space. Deliveries must be made during your rental time. We are unable to store décor and other supplies prior to your event.
- Amplified sound reinforcement (i.e. microphones) are available for an additional fee. The use of any sound reinforcement or amplification shall be controlled and regulated by the Baughman Center staff assigned to the event. Please request use of equipment a minimum one month prior to event. A digital piano is available for complimentary use and can be used alternatively to amplify sounds for music.
Food and Drink
- Food and drink are not permitted in the Baughman Center.
- Exceptions are made for religious sacraments and must be approved by the coordinator.